Thursday, January 17, 2008

Don't Forget the Other Special People

We can sometimes get so caught up in the care for our special bedridden child/parent/friend that unintentionally not give the needed attention to our other special people. I was reminded of this important element this evening when my youngest son (12 yrs old) looked so sad and lost as he sat trying to do his homework. As I placed my hand on his shoulder and asked if I could help, he brightened up and commented that he thought I forgot him. We spent an hour on his homework and had some good laughs. Tomorrow I have a date with my 12 yr old son and 14 yr old daughter playing cards or board games, their choice. Also try and remember other special people in your life, by sending some flowers or a card with a letter inside, just let them know that you care. Keep your spirits flying and yes don't forget to sing.